Buying fun and creative groomsmen gifts is no easy task! Most of us tend to think of the engraved flask or the pocket knife but here are two great place to find unique gifts!
This is a company that really gets what a man is all about. These gift “baskets” will sure make an impact to any man who receives one. I love the Man Crate Manifesto:
“We say ‘no’ to ugly neckties, cologne samplers and executive trinkets. We don’t save wrapping paper, we don’t do ribbons. We ship bragworthy gifts for guys. Gifts that you can’t wait to arrive because you know the recipient will love opening them. Gifts that people gather round at the office, people following the sounds of wood being torn from wood by the included, laser-engraved crowbar.We are Man Crates, and we deliver awesome gifts for men.”
If you’re looking for more of a classic gift but with a twist check out Groovy Groomsmen.
They believe that “Your wedding is a catalyst for celebration, but your groomsmen having fun together is an important side bar to really giving your wedding a great feel. Also, the concept of a groomsmen party should be about bringing a collection of guys together to celebrate and have fun together.”
Here are a few fun things that this great site has to offer!
Cufflinks are a classic gift but get creative with them!
SOCKS! Who said boys can’t accessorize? Colorful and patterned socks that matched the bridal party were all the rage this year.
Hopefully these will make shopping for your groomsmen a little easier!
After you say “yes” there are a lot of exciting things to think about! Once you have found your photographer it’s time to think about your engagement session! Engagement sessions are a great way for you to connect with your photographer. Not only will it allow you to get a little more comfortable behind the camera but it will help your photographer know how you like to be photographed. My approach to any session is to make you feel as comfortable as possible! I want the true you to shine. Here are a few tips to help you plan for your engagement session.
1. Pick a meaningful location or one that compliments you as a couple! As a photographer I love a location that has a lot of variety to it. My favorite spots in Newport are Ochre Court, The Cliffwalk, Ocean Drive and of course just walking the quaint cobblestone streets of downtown Newport. Let me know your special spots when scheduling your session.
2. Think outside of the box! In place of a traditional engagement session think about activities you and your love like to do! The skies the limit – boating, cooking, art, biking, traveling etc. I love these types of sessions because we can get really creative!
3. The time of year can make an impact on the look and feel of your images. Think about what you want portrayed – a romantic snowy landscape, beautiful golden leaves or pink spring blooms. Knowing this will also help you choose your location.
4. What to wear!? Don’t stress over this decision. Wear what you feel comfortable in! Are you a dressy or casual couple? Wear your favorite outfit and make sure your groom compliments you! Choose a color and explore different shades or bring in a complimentary color. Try and stay away from loud or large patterns as they can be distracting.
5. Last but not least… be yourself! I am there to guide you in the right direction but most of all be yourself. These are your memories and I love it when I hear my clients say “that’s so us”.
Engagement season is finally here! Congratulations to all the lucky ladies who got engaged over the holidays!
I thought this would be the perfect time to share some of my favorite bling photos throughout the years! Which is your favorite?
Wow! This was certainly the year of planes, trains and automobiles. As 2014 has come to a close and 2015 has begun, I love to take a look at the past year and see what I have to look forward to in the year to come! I started 2014 with a trip to WPPI in Las Vegas to learn from the master’s of photography. Shortly after that I headed down to Washington DC to shoot an engagement session and to see my best friend get married! From there I went to Charleston SC, Hilton Head Island and Savannah GA. I had a wonderful month of weddings from Newport to the tip of Massachusetts. In July I jetted off to Paris to visit and photograph a lovely couple then headed to the big apple for fashion week! Fall had me in Kentucky, Atlanta and the Berkshire Mountains. 2015 has some amazing weddings in store from Newport, Rhode Island to the shores of Connecticut to the city of New York and to the mountains of New England. I can’t wait!
Cheers and Happy New Year!
Cranwell Resort | The Berkshire’s, Massachusetts *Photographed for Tricia McCormack
Ochre Court/ OceanCliff | Newport, Rhode Island *Photographed for Nelly Photography
Blithewold Mansion | Bristol, Rhode Island *Photographed for Jenna Roderiques
Renaissance Hotel at Patriot Place | Foxborough, Massachusetts *Photographed for Nelly Photography
Belle Mer | Newport, Rhode Island *Photographed for Nelly Photography
Hotel Providence | Providence, Rhode Island *Photographed for Jenna Roderiques