I’d like to share with you some of my favorite things!! ( 8 to be exact)
1. PARIS!! I think it’s safe to say that I’m obsessed with Paris and all things french. The language, the food, the architecture, the romance and the history… I could go on!
2. I love murder mystery novels but James Patterson is my guilty pleasure. There’s nothing better than sitting on the couch on a Sunday and blazing through one of his novels.
3. White House | Black Market is my favorite store of all time! I will gladly take deposits in the form of WHBM gift cards. :)
4. Who said diamonds are a girls best friend? Pearls are where it’s at! I never leave the house without my pearls.
5. I’m a huge movie buff. Mr. L and I have over 400 movies in our DVD collection (Crazy, right!?) Twister is by far my favorite movie. My favorite childhood movie is Labyrinth (yes, the David Bowie movie!) followed by Clue. Mr. L & I love watching horror flicks – especially if they start out with 5 teens going into the woods.
6. I’m a die hard New England Patriots Fan. I’m so much of a fan that I made sure my wedding fell on a bi-week. Shout out to my amazing friends who brought me to a Pat’s game for my bachelorette! Growing up in Foxborough may have had something to do with this but that has yet to be proven.
7. I live to travel and to experience the world in it’s present state but also as it once was. A goal of mine is to travel to every country and document my travels by photographing the places I’ve been and then publish a photo book! Photo Credit
8. COFFEE!!!!! I’m never without a cup o’ joe. My favorite coffee house on the island is Custom House Coffee . The Beehive in Bristol is a close second. Really though, I love coffee from any little boutique coffee shops. The eclectic ones with great decor, a cozy atmosphere and the smell of freshly roasted coffee.
How a guy “Pops the question” is always a great a story!
Here’s how Mr. L asked me:
About 2 weeks after graduating from Northeastern, I received an email from the Art department asking me if I’d like to participate in an essay contest. Only 300 students from computer science, engineering and design were included on this invite. I’m not one to want to write essay’s for fun, especially since I had just graduated, however the prizes were pretty awesome; an amazing trip to Greece or cash prizes. So one weekend I took on the task of writing this 3 page essay on how technology is changing the graphic design industry (eh, not so interesting). Weeks passed and I had forgotten about the contest until I got a phone call saying I was the grand prize winner! I was in disbelief that I had won. I always knew I wanted to go to Greece for my honeymoon and I thought this might be the perfect opportunity to have my dream come true (if the ring came in time)! The night finally came when Jason and I headed out to the dinner which was being held for all of the essay writers. As we were being shown to our table I had noticed my mom was sitting there. Maybe the school had called my Mom because I was the grand prize winner, so I didn’t give it a second thought but a split second later I recognized the rest of my family and Jason’s family. Now I was really confused. Where were the rest of the essay writers? Where were the faculty? That’s when Jason looked at me and said “Let me explain. You are in fact going on a trip and you are in fact going with me but…… the essay contest was fake.” At this point confusion had really set in. He continues to say “You were right when you said we could use this trip for our honeymoon but you’ll need this (beautiful ring is revealed) first.” Down on one knee he went and slipped the ring on my finger as a standing ovation ensued throughout the entire restaurant. Lots of tears and nods followed. I was so surprised and I was so happy that our families were there to witness this occasion!
I can’t wait to hear how your MR.-to-be pops the question!
Santorini, Greece // 2008
I think this is a fitting story to post today since it is the day we celebrate LOVE! This past Fall my husband and I celebrated our 5 year wedding anniversary with a trip to Lenox, MA. While we were there enjoying the amazing Apple Festival, the beautiful foliage in the mountains and the amazing food Berkshire county has to offer. We also had our pictures taken! I realized a while back the most recent professional photos of my husband and I were from our wedding. As a photographer and a person I strongly believe in the importance of documenting life and here I was doing it for other people and letting my own life go undocumented. I made a promise to myself to start documenting my own life and we started with our 5 year wedding anniversary. I had my friend and fantastic Berkshire photographer Tricia McCormack take our photos and I am so happy that she did. I love them!! Here are a few of my favorites below.
Happy Valentine’s Day!
Head on over to our Facebook page and check out our Exclusive Valentine’s Day Offer!!